Donations and politics

How can you have the opportunity to be represented by someone who listens to you, does not owe anyone any favours because they didn’t receive any donations and were thus free to vote for or against proposed legislation in the best interests of both yourself and the other 99,999 citizens in your electorate?

In short, you need to be able to vote for a political party or an individual who has been able to gather enough support from his or her electorate without having to rely on paying for ads on television, radio and newspapers, etc. Being able to communicate with you and your neighbours directly, via word of mouth, email, meetings and phone calls cuts out the need to spend money on advertising. If you did put $40 aside each year to be a member of your preferred political party and that party doesn’t need to spend money on advertising, they could spend 90% of your membership fee on creating good policy.

If 10% of your electorate paid $40 per year to your preferred independent or political party and they spent 90% of that money on policy development and the remaining 10% on admin it would equate to $360,000 each year going towards good policy.

If we are going to spend $360,000 per year on policy development so you can be represented by a man or a woman who is free to make good decisions on your behalf, we want to get the most value for that money as we can.

Something that is entirely free and helps us make better decisions is meditation. 

If you would consider becoming a member of a party that does not accept donations and aims to spend 90% of member fees on making good policy, please send an email here: Contact

Kind regards, 

David Collett 

We need YOUR help to Abolish Negative Gearing!

We need YOUR help to Abolish Negative Gearing!

Simply enter your email address below and hit Subscribe. Your email address will be kept private, it's free and you can unsubscribe anytime.

Thank you. Please confirm your subscription when the confirmation request arrives in your inbox.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This